This is the first step towards the full PADI Tec Deep Diver certification and consists of the first four dives in the Tec Deep Diver Course.
In the Tec 40 course you will learn to:
- Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 metres/130 feet
- Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression
This training also credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
- PADI Advanced Open Water (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres / 60 feet
- Have a medical form signed by your physician
Required & Recommended Materials
- The Tec Deep crewpak which includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate (Required).
- The Equipment Set-up and Key Skills DVD (Recommended).
Please note: The fee does not include PADI application fees.