Our Rescue Course lasts 3 to 4 days* and includes 5 training sessions and 12 set exercises. The training dives are performed both in a freshwater location (beach diving) and at the Great Barrier Reef (boat diving).
Please note that the Rescue Course can start on any day and be adjusted to suit your timetable.
- 12 years of age or older
- PADI Advanced open water certification or equivalent
*A First Aid certificate in Primary and Secondary First Aid is a prerequisite for continuance past the second module of the Rescue course. For this reason an Apply First Aid course is scheduled at the beginning of the course should this be required. This will include a short interval of online homework and extend your overall Rescue course to 4 days in duration. The Apply First Aid course (Unit of Competency Standard Code HLTAID003 in Australia) is an occupational first aid course.
The course includes:
- Only 1 day of pool and theory
- 2 days of challenging open water exercises
- Construction of emergency assistance plans for both fresh and saltwater destinations
- PADI Rescue Diver manual and DVD
- PADI Rescue Diver Certification
- All dive gear included
- Opportunity to perform specialty courses towards, or completion of, the Master Scuba Diver qualification
A$750.00 (Includes first aid course, boat fee and all applicable texts and materials)
If you already hold an appropriate First Aid certificate, the Rescue course fee will be reduced to A$650.00.