master scuba diver trainer (MSDT) / Specialty Instructor (SI)
Specialty Instructor Courses are designed to teach Instructors how to organise, promote and conduct PADI Specialty dive courses.
These courses can be performed individually over a one or two day period or in a group of five or more over a five day period enabling you to achieve the prerequisite number of specialties to become a Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
It is more economical to complete training in five or more specialty areas than to perform these on an individual basis.
There are 23 specialty course options to choose from.
- Be a renewed PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI Underwater Instructor
- Or have completed an IDC/IOC within the past 12 months
- PADI Specialty Outline for the rating being taught
- PADI Specialty Manual (where applicable)
- Outlines for Distinctive Specialty ratings will be supplied
Prior to submitting your paperwork to PADI, you must have proof of having completed 10 dives in the specialty category applied for at some point in your diving experience. These 10 dives may be performed before, during or after your Specialty Instructor Training Course.