instructor development course staff (IDCS)
This programme consists of four steps:
- A pre-assessment of the CDC staff candidate's knowledge, water skills and teaching ability.
- An orientation to PADI IDC policies, procedures and philosophies.
- Training of the candidate in the skills of objective evaluation.
- Either Option A: Auditing a complete IDC, or option B: Practical Application, in which the candidate must present all 7 PADI AI course curriculum components, scoring at least 3.5 on each presentation as evaluated by a PADI CD using the Knowledge Development Evaluation Form.
- PADI Master Scuba Dive Trainer
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor manual
- Agree to use the PADI system and components in their entirety
- All IDC materials
- PADI CD Manual
- Skill Evaluation, CW & OW TeachingEvaluation Slates
A$700.00 (Exclusive of PADI application fees)
On successful completion of your course, you may then independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors.
PADI Application Fee
PADI Instructor Development Course Staff (IDCS) application fee is A$190.00.
Please note the following material costs:
CD Manual (paper or digital) A$390.00
Skill Evaluation, CW & OW Evaluation Slates A$120.00